|Fundamentals of Actinide Chemistry|
(Three CEUs Awarded Upon Completion)
3 Day Course
|INSTRUCTORS | TOPICS | BENEFITS | AGENDA | COST | REGISTER|
| Who Should Attend|
Chemists, engineers, scientists, technicians, and managers who recognize the need for improvement of their skill set and fundamental knowledge of radiochemistry. Completion of this three day course will enhance and support nuclear related decision-making as well as provide formal academic principles in Actinide Chemistry.
Key Topics You'll Learn About
- Fundamental Principles of Plutonium Chemistry
- Fundamental Principles of Uranium Chemistry
- Fundamental Principles of Thorium Chemistry
- Fundamental Principles of Americium Chemistry
- Fundamental Principles of Neptunium Chemistry
- Fundamental Principles of Alpha Spectrometry
- Fundamental Principles of gamma Spectrometry
- Fundamental Principles of Liquid Scintillation Counting
- Fundamental Principles of Gas Flow Proportional Counting
- Best Methods and Strategies for Separation Chemistry
- Making Reliable & High Quality Measurements in Actinide Chemistry
Program Agenda *All courses are taught from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm each day
Day 1 Fundamentals:
Day 2 Strategies:
- Background & History
- Actinide Chemistry & the Periodic Table
- Classification of Radionuclides
- Nuclear Interactions & Reactions
- Chart of the Nuclides and Nuclear Concepts
- Statistics, Nuclear Decay Calculations & Detection Limits
Day 3 Applications & Problem Solving:
- Actinide Sample Preparation Strategies
- Actinide Separation Strategies
- Actinide Measurement Strategies
- Alpha Spectroscopy
- In the environment
- At Nuclear Sites
- In Nuclear Medicine & Pharmacy
- Health Physics
- Basic Research
- Radiological Control
- Deactivation and Decontamination
- Waste Management
How You'll Benefit from This Course
Many in both undergraduate and graduate studies have not had a great deal of formal academic training in the fundamentals of Actinide Chemistry. There is an urgent need for formal education on both nuclear and radiochemical concepts. In the past, many learning opportunities at nuclear sites have consisted of on the job training as well as safety related training. This training does fulfill its intended purpose.
In this course you will:
- Consult with seasoned experts on your separations problems and challenges
- Develop a knowledge of Actinide Chemistry principles needed for decision making in the nuclear areana
- Better understand which instrument techniques meet a specific radioanalytical need
- Receive references to deepen your understanding of nuclear concepts and fundamentals
- Learn methods of optimizing laboratory operations
Cost for this course is $1,995.00 [U.S.] with All Proceeds going to the Radiochemistry Society. Space is extremely limited. In order to assure placement we encourage a prompt response.
You can register and make payment online via our Secure Cart using Visa, Master Card, Diners Club, Carte Blanche credit cards or by Check or Money Order.
The chemistry was very useful as well as the Tips for increasing efficiency in preparation and counting for our facility - very relevant to my work and will help me increase productivity.
Excellent- Video streams; Personal experiences; State of the Art points and Hand outs!
<< BACK | COURSE MENU | COURSE DIRECTIONS | CONTACT US | HOME >>
The Radiochemistry Society reserves the right to reschedule course dates and/or locations as necessary per enrollment requests.
|.:: copyright Radiochemistry.org© - all rights reserved ::.|